One of my goals this year is to be more consistent
with family home evening...
(so far so good but it's only the beginning of January)
So last week we talked about the "recipe" for happiness, and I had the kids make cookies with no recipe. They had to decide what ingredients to use, how much to use, and what to cook them at.
Then we talked about how much easier it would be (and I had cookies I had already made with a recipe) to use a recipe. We talked about the scriptures and heavenly fathers "recipe" for happiness. The kids had fun.
Tyler and Savannah were deciding what else they needed, and Paige thought it was so yummy that she would just eat it out of the bowl!
There cookies were pretty runny, but the kids were pretty excited with their cookies!
Here they are out of the oven
The final product... They were very bendable. The kids all started to eat them, but decided the cookies I had made earlier were better. We had a fun night!
(I got this idea here)
4 comments:
What A cute Idea, Hey It's monday I think we'll copy for tonight!!
Supper cute idea
you are the funnest mom ever. that is so cute. i love that top picture. those cookies dont look too shabby
ps i cant take that top picture it melts my heart out!
Post a Comment