So lately Paige has wanted her toes and fingers painted daily. Last Friday she came in and asked mom paint my toes? I told her after we take sister to school. She left the room and I continued to do Savannah's hair. Now lets remember how determined my little Paige is, and what a climber she is. If she wants something she goes for it. So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I went to the kitchen and found her painting her finger nails on my trunk in the dining room. The trunk was a pretty sparkly pink also. I smiled at her told her no and we cleaned it up. It wasn't until I was strapping Dax in his car seat to take Savannah to school that I noticed the rest of her master piece... my dinning room table and chairs!!!
Oh she was busted and she knew it! I sent her to timeout but she made it to the floor and was sobbing. It's probably the most trouble she's been in.
She just laid here and cried and cried until I was finally calm enough to give her a love. She is such a sweetheart and now I have two beautifully painted chairs to remind me of her artistic ability at the age of 2.
If anyone has any ideas on getting finger nail polish off of finished wood I'm up for any suggestions? When I first found it some spots were sill soft so i started to scratch off the polish, but it took off the finish. Any ideas?
4 comments:
I found this idea for you! Good luck!
Sommer
"Take a plastic putty knife and gently scrape the spill from the surface. The nail polish should slip easily from the wood. If the spill is stubborn, Dellutri says to apply a cloth dampened with hot water to the spill for a few seconds to loosen it, then proceed with the plastic putty knife. Be sure to use only a plastic knife."
wow.... she did a better job than Savannah did on my bedroom set. I think she is going to be your creative one! Gotta love her!
daniel? he is good with furniture... im sure he could fix the problem.
I think I remeber brittany doing something similar when she was about 3 to your desk and carpet, but i thnk we were the ones who ended up in trouble for that one!! As for advice on how to get it off Call Dan Forsythe!!
Post a Comment