Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I have decided instead of trying to catch up on my blog I am just going to start with what we are doing... maybe you will get some back posts?!  Just know that we have had a crazy busy couple of months and it has been great!

On to Halloween...  We had a fun week!  On Monday we made sugar cookies and Halloween chocolates... sorry no pics, but Paige truly enjoyed making the chocolates.  She sat at the  molds for a good hour, and they were adorable.
Thursday morning I got up and surprised the kids with Halloween pancakes!
They loved them and wanted one of each even though they didn't eat them all.
That night we had some friends over and had mummy hot dogs and carved pumpkins.
The kids loved working on there pumpkins!

Tyler did his whole pumpkin with out any help.  He cleaned it picked the design, put it on his pumpkin and carved it.  He did such a great job!
Dax just wondered around eating Halloween oreos.
He Loved them!
This year I kept all the pumpkin seeds and baked them!  They turned out so yummy... I think I'll have to try it again next year and try some other flavors.  This year we did salted ones and cinnamon a sugar ones.  The one tip I can give you is do not dry your seeds on paper towels!  I did and they all stuck to them so I had to re wet them to get them off the paper towels!
Friday night was trunk-or-treat!
We had a great time, and were so glad Emily and Ashley came with us.  
Paige was the funniest to watch, because as soon as she realized they were giving her candy she kept on going until the cars were out of candy!
My ninja was not into pictures this year and took of way to fast before I got the camera out, and Dax is loved by so many that he was snatched up and with others the whole night!
Halloween night was so much fun!  We had dinner with the Robinson's and then hit the streets!
My ninja and my lion!
Dax loved the suckers and had one in his hands all night!
Look at these too cuties!  Paige again loved that people were giving her candy, and pretty much ran from door to door.  At one door she received a huge Hershey bar and at the next house she received  two full size candy bars, a snickers and a baby ruth, she ran back put it in her bucket and with a clutched fist she pulled her arm back, kicked up her foot and said YES!!  and on to the next house she ran... She finally tired out about a half a street before we got home.
When we got home the kids collapsed on the floor! 
 I guess they were tired!
We ended the night with diet coke and mentos... which scared Dax's!  
It was quite funny!
We hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Zach and Zaira Benson said...

I'm so happy you posted. Your kids looked adorable with their costumes. I love pumpkin seeds with cinnamon and sugar. I can't wait to see you all!

Kris said...

I love that you posted....I think I should do that....even if it wouldn't be politically correct to leave all the past events out....The kids look darling...I miss them and love you guys to pieces!!!!!

Brittany Seager said...

YOU POSTED! oh my gosh. i miss you guys so much. you are such a good mom! the little girls looked beautiful. loved their make-up! love you so much thanks for making my day!