Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rodeo Days


So in February we have  Rodeo days!  Two days off from school to celebrate the rodeo.  I still have to laugh that we have rodeo days off of school and not Presidents day, but hey it's the wild west! (FYI I really don't care that we have school on presidents day,  I just always wonder where my mail is!)
So if you're wondering what we did with these two fabulous days off of school...
Thursday was spent at home cleaning rooms and playing with friends.
Then on  Friday we went to the Zoo with some friends.
We got a pass to the zoo this year, and I love it.  We  have a great zoo.  Spend a couple of hours up close with the animals the kids love it and its the perfect amount of time.
The giraffes are one of my favorites! 

I had to take a picture of this bird! Paige walked up to the cage and said oh mom it's a banana bird looked at it and went on her way.  It was so cute.  The kids behind us asked their mom if it really was a banana bird.

Saturday started with breakfast at our table in the living room.  After 11 1/2 years our kitchen table went on its way.  We have officially out grown our 4 person table and finally have a new table with six chairs (on their way!) Since our ward was picking up items for DI we sent the table.  I can use folding chairs for the next week!   

The kids then took a bike ride with Steve over to Larson's to take back Shannon's bike. (I know you've missed it!)  Paige wanted to go too so she rode with her dad.
We then headed to the rodeo!  It was so much fun, and the weather was great.  Savannah loved the gymnastics on the horses.

Dax was just happy to be there!

Tyler loved the clowns, and the bull riding and the roping!
They all enjoyed their snow cones! Hence the blue lips!

We had a great day at the rodeo!  
Yeah for rodeo days!
The kids are now looking forward to seeing Brittany and then having Kara, Brooklyn, Brady and Cooper come for their intersession break that starts Friday!  It sure seems like we've had a lot of days of lately?!? or is it just me...

2 comments:

Brittany Seager said...

your kids are the CUTEST!!!!! i already miss you guys. :( for reals. and i love your new table.. or i could say tables. your house is so cute! love ya

Terra Zobrist said...

The rodeo looked like a blast!