So we woke up Tuesday morning to SNOW?!?
Really? It was 85 three days ago and now we have snow?
The kids were very excited to see it! And Tyler couldn't resist jumping on the trampoline. I did tell him not to because I didn't want him to have wet socks for school. It was time to go...
He thought he would chance the wet socks for the chance to jump in the snow!
The kids school does something for the teachers each month to show our appreciation. This month they gave the teachers vases and the students were asked to bring in flowers to fill the vases. The flowers could be real or home made. Whatever we wanted. So I thought we would make sucker flowers. Savannah was not excited about this, she wanted to get real flowers. I told her not to worry the would be cute. When she got up on Tuesday she was very pleased with the flowers and wanted to give them to everyone! She told me later that she didn't know what I was talking about and that's why she wanted real ones.
The kids loved the flowers and so did their teachers and parapro's!
Steve and Tyler couldn't resist a little snow ball fight on the way to school.
Our next project for the week was heart soap.
The kids had so much fun making it. Deciding on the scent and the colors and getting to stir everything together. Paige really loved it and had a hard time sharing and letting Tyler and Sav help. We added ladybugs to a few. Paige was so careful to push each on in. She loved the lady bugs.
Steve did tell me the soap was a bit cheesy! The kids loved it though... So to all that received our cheesy valentine's I "SOAP" you liked it!
Thursday the kids were excited to get valentine's in the mail from Brooklyn, Brady, and Cooper!
The lip suckers were a hit and Tyler loved his chocolate frog and the playing cards. Sav loved her valentine shirt (thanks Aunt Kara!)
On Friday the door bell rang and as soon as the kids saw the box on the door step they all started yelling that Grannybird sent cookies! They were so excited for the cookie bouquet! and even more excited to see that it was Disney!
They each picked the cookie they wanted to eat and sat and enjoyed the whole thing! Thanks for the treats Grannybird! You are always so thoughtful... You are amazing!
Friday night Steve and I heart attacked our kids rooms, and they were very excited when they woke up Saturday morning. (sorry no pics)
Saturday Steve had to work so the kids and I went and got him a Jamba Juice and headed to his office to heart attack his car. We do it every year so I'm sure it was no surprise. I actually think he would have been more surprised if we didn't do it, but the kids don't realize that and kept talking about how surprised he would be!
When we were walking back to my car to leave I tripped and fell! I was carrying Dax and all I could think was I am falling I'm really falling and I have Dax... don't drop Dax... don't land on Dax! We landed and Dax seemed to be fine I just sat there for a minute. I ripped my new jeans, but Dax was OK (I don't even think he hit the ground.) so I got up and got to the car. My ankle was feeling wet and then I realized my knee was cut. So I told Tyler to go inside and if dad was busy to ask Kristy (one of the DA's) for a band aid. Well when he got back there and Steve saw him Tyler said "Mom fell with dax and she's bleeding" Steve came running outside thinking it was much worse then it was. I told him I just need a band aid. It did freak me out a bit, but there were only minor injuries.
When we got home I got this sweet valentine from Savannah, and later Tyler gave me a heart he made in art. Both were so sweet!
Then I got a fun valentine surprise from my mom!
TULLE!!!!
20 spools of Tulle! I Love tulle, and use it for everything! A few days before I had told my mom that my tulle supply was now on ration and so I was so excited to open the box and find all of these beautiful colors! I am now fully restocked.
When Steve got home from work he had flowers for his girls!
Paige and Savannah were so excited to get their own roses. They carried them around all day (and all day today too.) Savannah did keep asking why I (mom) got the bouquet and that she wanted a bouquet to put in her room.
We ended the day with heart shaped pasta for dinner and a movie the kids picked out at blockbuster with popcorn and orange julius.
We had a great Valentine's Day and hope everyone else did too!
Love You Guys!
8 comments:
Poor Amy! Your knee! Loved the soap, super cute!
cute! your kids are so lucky!
You really are 1 in a million! I love you, and im so excited to see you in a few short weeks! Give your cute kids a kiss for me!
it looks like you guys had a fun Valentine's week. Thanks for all the cute little things you sent us. Love you/
What a fun day! I wish I was a better mom... :) Your cheesy soap turned out very cute, and I loved the flower suckers. I can't believe it SNOWED there! Crazy! I am glad you survived the fall. I keep praying that I will not fall this winter... We have almost made it through, but I know I am not safe just yet.
Oh and the TULE! LUCKY!~ I love that stuff too. You are stocked. Your mom is sooo sweet.
Really all that!!! That is to much fun for a kid to have in one day. I want to be one of your kids!
You are such a fun mom! I always love your ideas and then do them the next year! Can your kids get any cuter?
Post a Comment