Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Have a Monkey...

Back in March Paige discovered she could climb out of her crib!
She has always been my climber and once she figured out how to get out of her bed she would never stay in it.
We had to sit in front of her door at night until she would go to sleep (usually about an hour).  We would still find her asleep in the hall way at 3 in the morning or in Savannah's be with her.  One night she came and got in bed with me and Steve after she got into the candy.
Since I was not ready to give up naps, and being a little concerned about her safety during the night. I began looking for a solution.  We didn't think tying her to her bed was the best idea.
After weeks of wondering if she was still in her bed in the middle of the night, or many nights being woken up by her we decided to invest in a crib tent. For the past 41/2 months it has been the greatest purchase.  She can't get out so she doesn't fight her naps or going to bed...
... until today!
I put her down for her nap.  She wasn't thrilled, but she didn't cry for very long.  About 5 minutes later she came walking into my bed room with a diaper and wet wipes telling me she needed her diaper changed.  i was more shocked that she was out of her bed.  I had just zipped her in.  So I was a little concerned that she had ripped the tent.  When I took her back to her bed the tent was unzipped.  So I put her back in her bed, zipped the tent shut and went out to watch her from the door.  Here is what I saw...
Her hand up under the slats to the zipper,
then she works her hand threw the little opening,
and unzips the tent!
So I am grateful that she didn't damage the tent, but what am I going to do about naps and bed time?  I'm sure many of you are thinking it's time for a big girl bed... trust me we've tried that and are working on it, but it's a big game to her.  Maybe many of nights of time out?  With her baby brother due in just 2 weeks, I'm not ready for the naps to end and bed time being a production!

7 comments:

Kara Benson said...

She is so smart, I wonder how long she has been planning her "GREAT ESCAPE" just watching and learning how the whole thing worked, until the day she would try it..... HA HA HA! Just thinking about her adorable little mind plotting it out makes me laugh... hard! I love her and all your darling children so much! I cant wait to meet their new little brother

Brittany Seager said...

ok this just made my life. She is the cutest. This is so funny! i guess you have to resort to tying her down... but wait she will for sure find a solution for that... and your doctor will probably turn you in if she has any marks on her wrists or something. hmmm Paige she is too smart for us all.

Sommer said...

How old is your smart little girl? Wyatt (age 2 1/2) is still in a crib and a loathe the day we switch him to a big bed. I need those nap times too!

Sommer

Shannan said...

Seriously TOO funny I can't stop laughing. She is a smart one for sure!!!

Kerry said...

You are in for it now!!!

Kaymee said...

That is sooo funny! Maybe you can zip tie the zipper closed :) Good luck with the baby- can't wait to see pics!!

katie speed said...

genious child! only 2 weeks left... lucky duck. I have to wait till christmas.