The kids first meet was last week
Tyler started with his swim cap on, but by the end of the meet he was swimming with out it.
Savannah finished her warm up and was coming over to warm up before her first event. She was so excited to FINALLY wear her team suit!
Paige, Steve, and Savannah hangin' out!
Savannah's first event was the 8 & under medley relay and she swam the back stroke. She is in the 6 and under group, but when we arrived they had some swimmers not show up (and I'm assuming not enough girls in that age group) so they pulled her into this relay. She did her best!
Savannah doing the back stroke in the medley relay
Tyler's first event was the boys 8 and under medley relay. He swam the butterfly (his second favorite stroke) and his team came in first!
Next was Savannah's 6 & under individual back stroke! She was one of the youngest swimmers here and she did so good.
Paige showing us her tricks!
Next was Tyler's individual back stroke. It's his least favorite stroke, but he does well. I believe he came in second. (second and third came in very close)
Savannah swam individual freestyle and also the freestyle relay. She is doing so good for her first year. Tyler swam the the breaststroke individual (and I think he came in first) and also the freestyle relay. I'm not sure where his team came in. Savannah's relay was at the same time (poor thing swimming against her brother) so I was really trying to cheer her on. By the time this relay was ready to start she was cold, in tears, and it was dark. I think the meet was a little overwhelming for her. Sorry there are no pictures of these events because it was to dark!
This picture starts our second swim meet! Savannah was in brighter spirits, and had decided that she did like the swim meets. It was also a home meet so she was able to swim in the pool she practices in everyday. Tyler had scout camp this day so he didn't swim this meet.
She swam the backstroke in the 8 & under relay again.
Waiting for her individual back stroke event.
This time I brought her robe to wear in between events. It kept her much warmer.
Savannah swimming individual freestyle. They swam the little kids out of order this meet which was nice. This means they don't wait as long and don't get as tired as the night gets later.
1 comment:
Your kids are seriously so darling I miss them so much, We can't wait to see you guys, Love ya!
Post a Comment